According to the Energy Information Administration, heating and air conditioning account for over half of energy use in American homes. On average, 51% of a household’s annual energy consumption is attributed to these two needs.
Often, homeowners think location, rising rates and home size are the only thing impacting their utility bills. However, to get a complete picture of a home’s energy consumption, you need to tap the help of experts who can do an energy efficiency home audit. There are many things that could be contributing to your energy use.
Audit Your Way to Savings
A home energy audit is a complete assessment of a residence to identify energy inefficiencies and recommend improvements. Here are compelling reasons why you should consider getting a home energy audit:
- Identify energy inefficiencies. A home energy audit comprehensively assesses your home’s energy usage. Trained professionals inspect and analyze factors such as insulation, air leaks, heating and cooling systems, appliances, and lighting to identify areas where your home is losing energy and highlight inefficiencies.
- Save money on energy bills. By pinpointing energy inefficiencies, a home energy audit enables you to make targeted improvements that can lead to significant cost savings. For example, sealing air leaks, adding insulation, or optimizing heating and cooling systems can reduce energy consumption and lower utility bills over time.
- Enhance comfort and indoor air quality. Energy inefficiencies can result in drafts, inconsistent temperatures, and poor indoor air quality. The audit helps identify and address such issues. Consequently, you can create a more comfortable living environment and ensure better indoor air quality for you and your family.
- Contribute to environmental conservation. Reducing energy consumption has a positive impact on the environment. By optimizing your home’s energy efficiency, you reduce greenhouse gas emissions associated with energy production. An energy audit allows you to identify the most effective measures to reduce your carbon footprint and actively contribute to environmental conservation.
- Take advantage of incentives and rebates. Many governments, utility companies, and energy-efficiency programs offer incentives and rebates for homeowners undertaking energy audits and implementing energy-saving measures. These incentives can offset the cost of the audit and help make energy-efficient upgrades more affordable.
- Plan for future renovations. A home energy audit can provide valuable insights if you’re considering future renovations or upgrades to your home. By understanding your home’s current energy performance, you can incorporate energy-saving measures into your renovation plans, maximizing the long-term benefits and cost savings.
- Increase property value. Energy-efficient homes are increasingly sought after in the real estate market. Investing in a home energy audit and implementing recommended improvements can enhance your property’s value. Prospective buyers are often willing to pay a premium for homes with lower energy bills and improved energy efficiency.
The Home Energy Audit Process
Curious about what truly happens during a home energy audit? Here’s a breakdown of the audit process:nnStep one: Finding energy leaks. Expert auditors thoroughly inspect your home, meticulously identifying energy leaks that silently drain your resources. From elusive air leaks in windows and doors to insulation gaps that rob your home of comfort and efficiency, auditors uncover every lurking inefficiency.
Step two: Consider upgrades. Once the leaks have been unveiled, auditors present you with a roadmap to energy-saving measures. They guide the most effective improvements for your home. These recommendations extend beyond leak repairs, encompassing a spectrum of possibilities, including outdated appliances.
Step three: Deliver actionable insights. Auditors compile a personalized report that becomes your primary resource for strategic energy efficiency. When deciding about sealing leaks, upgrading appliances, or replacing your HVAC system, you can refer to these findings.n
Discover Hidden Savings
When it comes to optimizing your home’s energy efficiency, every detail counts. At Aeroseal Colorado, we go above and beyond with our detailed energy audits. Our expert energy auditors kickstart the process with a thorough walkthrough inspection of your home.
Our cutting-edge infrared equipment lets us precisely measure air pressure and temperatures throughout your house, ensuring no energy inefficiency goes unnoticed. Once our energy efficiency home audit is complete, we compile a thorough report that serves as your roadmap to energy efficiency.
You’ll receive a comprehensive breakdown of our findings and expert recommendations tailored to your home. We empower you with the knowledge and insights to make informed decisions about enhancing your home’s energy performance.n
Get Your Home Energy Audit Today
Don’t settle for guesswork regarding your home’s energy efficiency. Trust Aeroseal Colorado to deliver a top-notch energy audit that leaves no stone unturned. Contact us to schedule your reliable energy audit and enjoy the benefits of a more efficient, comfortable, and cost-effective living environment.